[c-nsp] Ethernet Access Switch

Kent Ngo kentngo at hotmail.com
Thu May 20 15:05:48 EDT 2010

Hi All,

We are taking a trunk metro Gigabit Ethernet NNI from a
carrier.  This NNI will be used to deliver our customer circuits (10 and
20M EoC).  Each customer circuit will be assigned an S-TAG by the provider.  We need the ability to stack (map) two
or more C-TAG VLAN IDs into each S-TAG ID at the NNI.    We may
have 50 different circuits on this NNI and each circuit will have at least two
C-TAG’s stacked into one S-TAG.  We have a metro 3750 that claims to support selective qinq but we cannot get it to work.  On the hand, the ME 3400E seems like a right equipment but we cannot get our hand on one due to back order.  Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Kent