[c-nsp] Ethernet Interfaces Speed and Duplex - Force or Auto

Anton Kapela tkapela at gmail.com
Fri May 21 14:09:36 EDT 2010

On May 21, 2010, at 1:37 PM, Rubens Kuhl wrote:

> systems and some switch brands allow this, but since this is a Cisco
> list I haven't found Cisco gear that allow this, so far.

I've found that:

-2900xl
-3500xl
-3550

...will *continue* to participate in ANEG (and this can be seen in link-beat offered options), but can be *forced* to only offer/operate in specific modes. I.e. 100/fdx, or 10 mbit hdx/fdx.

Looks like 65xx and 67xx linecards require one to 'force' speed if they wish to also force duplex, implying that ANEG is not exchanged/spoken by ports that are manually-set.

-Tk