[c-nsp] Tracking config changes

Lee ler762 at gmail.com
Fri May 28 07:53:16 EDT 2010

On 5/24/10, Clayton Zekelman <clayton at mnsi.net> wrote:

> We use RANCID on our network.  All changes are made through the CLI on the
> routers/switches, and RANCID just tracks them.
>
> If we have an outage where we have to re-build the router's config, we have
> the versions and changes all stored nicely in the CVS.
>
> All changes are e-mailed to our NOC list to make sure everyone knows what is
> going on.

Does RANCID blank out SNMP community strings & Cisco type 5|7
passwords before mailing out the diffs?

Work bought a product that grabs the configs after a change, does
diffs, etc. but it apparently does NOT have the ability to blank out
sensitive information before e-mailing the info so I'm looking for
something else.

Thanks,
Lee