[c-nsp] router as l2tp vpn client

Dan Letkeman danletkeman at gmail.com
Fri May 28 20:14:34 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has a configuration example of how to make an
l2tp vpn client connection from an ISR?  There seems to be many
options regarding vpdn, client-initiated, etc.  I'm confused as to
where to start.

I have the connection information for the vpn server, that I have
received from the company where we purchased the vpn from:

example i got from them was:

vpnserver.company.com
username: user
password: pass123
l2tp key: (shared secret) 1a2b3c4b5d

And they permit PPTP/L2TP/SSTP connections.  From what I have
researched so far, IOS does not allow pptp client connections from the
router.  So i'm left with L2TP.

Any configuration examples would be appreciated

Thanks,
Dan.