[c-nsp] ASR 1002 QOS question

Yavor Yanakiev yavorzlatev at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 18:01:09 EDT 2010

I need some assistance for Data Center product of Cisco - ASR 1002. I will
have 2 of these devices working in Multi homing topology with two service
providers using BGP(that is the plan if we take this devices finally). I
need to know something regarding the support of MQC and policing and shaping
that can be implemented with XE software.

I have found this in the documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ios_xe/qos/configuration/guide/qos_mqc_xe_ps9587_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1041526

Number of QoS Class Maps Supported (Cisco IOS XE Releases 2.1 and 2.2)

The MQC supports a maximum of 8 class maps in a single policy map.

Number of QoS Class Maps Supported (Cisco IOS XE Release 2.3)

The MQC supports a maximum of 256 class maps in a single policy map.

QoS Policy Maps and Sessions

*When sessions are created and QoS policy maps are attached in both the
ingress and egress directions, only 2000 sessions are supported. Sessions
that exceed this limit can still be created, but the QoS policy maps will
not be applied to the session.*

*Here we could see that 2000 sessions are supported. What they mean with
these 2000 sessions? Do you think that I could have policing (ingress and
egress) for clients that are trying to access the Date Center  with these
devices? Any suggestions regarding the implementation of Data Center
topology are acceptable also. Thank you very much.*

*
*

*Yavor*