[c-nsp] TACACS "emergency" password management

Andrew Hoyos hoyosa at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 10:22:20 EDT 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 3:35 AM, Mark Tinka <mtinka at globaltransit.net> wrote:
> I've always wondered why (maybe it's supported and I just
> haven't figured out how) RANCID updates don't include the
> username of the person that made the changes which caused
> the updates in the first place in Cisco, like Juniper does.

There is a line you can comment out in the RANCID script to include
the info at the top of a 'show running-config'

      /^! (Last configuration|NVRAM config last)/ && next;

Which will in turn include the output at the top of a typical 'show
run' executed from the console, like below:

!
! Last configuration change at 13:52:22 CDT Mon Nov 1 2010 by admin
! NVRAM config last updated at 10:33:31 CDT Fri Oct 29 2010 by admin
!

--
Andrew Hoyos
hoyosa at gmail.com