[c-nsp] MPLS Issue

David Freedman david.freedman at uk.clara.net
Tue Nov 9 12:54:12 EST 2010

> Before I enable mpls:
>
> Router A#sho mpls forwarding-table 10.160.0.140
> Local  Outgoing    Prefix            Bytes tag  Outgoing   Next Hop
> tag    tag or VC   or Tunnel Id      switched   interface
> 72     Untagged    10.160.0.0/16     0          Se6/0      point2point
>
> Router B#sho mpls forwarding-table 207.178.96.65
> Local  Outgoing      Prefix            Bytes Label   Outgoing   Next Hop
> Label  Label or VC   or Tunnel Id      Switched      interface
> 67     No Label      207.178.96.64/26  0             Se6/0      point2point
>
> After I enable mpls and can no longer ping
>
> Router A#sho mpls forwarding-table 10.160.0.140
> Local  Outgoing    Prefix            Bytes tag  Outgoing   Next Hop
> tag    tag or VC   or Tunnel Id      switched   interface
> 72     45          10.160.0.0/16     511928     Se6/0      point2point
>
> Router B#sho mpls forwarding-table 207.178.96.65
> Local  Outgoing      Prefix            Bytes Label   Outgoing   Next Hop
> Label  Label or VC   or Tunnel Id      Switched      interface
> 67     39            207.178.96.64/26  0             Se6/0      point2point

Interesting nothing is being counted in the reverse direction from rtrB
back to rtrA, can you confirm unidirectional ICMP with "debug ip icmp"
on one of the targets?

What IOS versions are you running on both of these? I can see a
difference in the output (tag switching vs label switching) here.

Dave.