[c-nsp] OIR on 7600s: Pretty much evil?

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 17:01:21 EST 2010

I ran into a problem with an OIR last night on a 7609. I normally
don't like to do them. I usually prefer to power the router down
first, replace/add the card and then power it back up. It caused all
sorts of fun when it failed the initial startup and had to be reset by
the system. Even then it was acting weird afterward for a bit until
the system stabilized. But I'm not asking for troubleshooting help.

I'm just curious to hear your thoughts on OIR on this platform. Is
this something that you prefer to avoid? Do you have any OIR-related
horror stories you'd like to share?