[c-nsp] Unstable IOS Version for LNS on Cisco 7206 NPE-G2

Matlock, Kenneth L MatlockK at exempla.org
Thu Nov 11 09:08:23 EST 2010

Always, huh?

So it's 100% not possible ever for one or more memory locations to get corrupted (due to a bad memory chip), and put an invalid pointer in an array, and the IOS uses that pointer to access a memory area it's not supposed/allowed to?

I'm not sure what perfect world you live in, but it certainly doesn't match reality. Hardware problems can (and frequently DO) appear as software issues....

Ken