[c-nsp] GLC-LH-SM vs SFP-GE-L

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Nov 16 05:02:22 EST 2010

On Tuesday, November 16, 2010 05:29:46 pm jack daniels
wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Are there  any potential Technical issues with ignoring
> Cisco and using GLC-LH-SM
> rather than SFP-GE-L. What I can figure out is -
> with GLC-LH-SM - no monitoring (no DOM)
> SFP-GE-L higher cost.

We've been able to run GLC-* type modules in routers like
the 7201 with no problem. I haven't tried the reverse on a
switch.

The 7600 WS-X67xx line cards support either as far as we
tested. We haven't tried the SFP-GE-* on the 6500.

The GLC-* works on the integrated switches of the RP's on a
CRS platform, but that's really a switch, so...

Mark.