[c-nsp] GLC-LH-SM vs SFP-GE-L

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists lists at hojmark.org
Wed Nov 17 04:39:40 EST 2010

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 01:05:09 +0100, you wrote:

> Of course. That just means that Cisco is bound to alienate some subset
> of their customers. And I can't imagine Cisco doesn't know that their
> competitors _really_ use this to their advantage. I'm not sure e.g.
> HP/H3C is better, but boy do they know what irritate Ciscos customers...

Ha.

I had a customer with HP VirtualConnect Flex-10 and Cisco Nexus 5000,
who couldn't use a Cisco cable (DAC) because the VC wouldn't accept it
and couldn't use a HP cable because the N5K wouldn't accept it. So ...
'service unsupported' to the rescue.

So, I don't see how HP is better when it comes to pluggables. Au
contraire.

-A
PS: And now Cisco even officially support some HP DACs.