[c-nsp] Which ISR?

James james at tridentnet.net
Wed Nov 17 18:37:03 EST 2010

Hi

I have been searching the cisco website for a while now but can't find actual data throughput figures for the latest ISR range. There has always been a big difference in the interface data rate and the actual throughput achievable. I don't want to do anything fancy like encryption or any security. At most I will need to do some IPSLA and possible priority queuing for VoIP. The router need to suitable with a UK LES100 so 2x 100MB or 1GB RJ-45 interfaces. The customer is expecting to be able to achieve this, or close to, and we need a router that can actually do it. Any suggestions? will I be better off with a high end 2900 or a low end 3900?

Rgds
James