[c-nsp] ASR 1k, 3.1.0S MTU issues on PortChannel interfaces

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 15:57:12 EST 2010

Hi,

On 19 November 2010 08:29, Irina Arsenieva <ecralar at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
> AFAIK, to change MTU on Po1.600, you have to change it on Po1, then Po1.600
> MTU = Po1 - 4
> which makes sense as 802.1Q tag size is 4 bytes.
> And I also suggest trying "clns mtu 1496" on both ends.

I have it changed already to 4400 on Po1 and that show correctly in
the output (please see my previous email). The problem is the po1.600
is not inheriting those settings. setting clns mtu is not an option
for me, as I need that 4400 (or thereabout) to run some of the
services (the link will be part of an mpls network, so I need at least
another few bytes for the labels and potential q-in-q and other things
like l2tp headers).

I guess if I don't get a resolution I'll have to file a TAC case.

kind regards
Pshem