[c-nsp] "Incremental" config save w/ "archive config..."

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Nov 23 14:27:15 EST 2010

All,

When the 12.2(33) train came out for 6500 (SXI) I got quite excited by
the possibilities of building a "quicksave" system[1] on top of:

archive log config persistent save

...and the associated stuff in IOS. I didn't have time to look into it,
and before I do I thought I'd ask here - is anyone using the "archive"
stuff to do this? It seems like it would be particularly valuable on
big, dense platforms with slow CPUs and very slow "wr mem" times!

The testing I did showed that it was doing an internal NVGEN a bit more
often than I thought it ought to...

Comments welcome.

Cheers,
Phil

[1] The basic idea I had was:

archive
  log config
  logging persistent manual
  logging persistent reload
alias quicksave archive log config persistent save
alias fullsave ???