[c-nsp] Is GLC-FE-100LX= really unsupported?

Sascha Pollok nsp-list at pollok.net
Mon Oct 4 07:19:07 EDT 2010

Salut Christophe,

>> Does anyone know for sure that it is not working in e.g.
>> Cat 3560-24TS switches? I am surprised that Cisco lists
>> the GLC-FE-100FX (Multimode fiber) as supported but not
>> the LX (Singlemode) module.
>
> Hi,
>
> I am in front of the same problem. If you have off-list answers I am
> really interested in these information.

I received two GLC-FE-100LX today. I did not have much time for testing
however, I tested it in a WS-C2960G-48TC-L (it worked - however the
compatibility matrix also says that) and on a WS-SUP720 (not working)
and a 4GE-SFP-LC (12000 Linecard, not working either).

Unfortunately I do not have any more SFP-slotted Catalysts in stock
for testing (3560 would be interesting). I could test a
2970 later but not today, I'm afraid.

-Sascha