[c-nsp] Forcing "point-to-point" PIM operation over Ethernet

Seva Epsteyn seva at sevatech.com
Thu Oct 7 00:28:20 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 16:42, John Neiberger <jneiberger at gmail.com> wrote:

> ... I'd like to find a way to have these Ethernet links
> treated as point-to-point links, but I see no such command. ...

I don't think this will solve your problem nor do I think this is what
you are looking for, but just in case:

NBMA Mode

This PIM feature allows you to configure a router to send packets only
to those neighbors that want to receive them. A router in PIM NBMA
mode treats each remote PIM neighbor as if it were connected to the
router through a point-to-point link.

To enable NBMA mode on an interface, use the ip pim nbma-mode command
in interface configuration mode.