[c-nsp] switchport trunk allowed vlan

Tim Durack tdurack at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 17:34:28 EDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Arie Vayner (avayner)
<avayner at cisco.com> wrote:
> Tim,
>
> Can you please explain a bit better what you would like to achieve?

Sure. The following command format is relatively safe:

   switchport trunk allowed vlan <add/remove/all/except/none> <range>

However, if one forgets to include the <add/remove/all/except/none>
keyword, the command defaults to replace:

   switchport trunk allowed vlan <range>

This isn't usually the desired result.

I would like to disable the use of: "switchport trunk allowed vlan
<range>", and replace it with a custom EEM command like: "switchport
trunk allowed vlan range <range>". This would correct a dangerous IOS
syntax.

I don't know if this is really possible, but it could be an
interesting exercise in demonstrating the power of EEM :-)

> Also, which IOS version please?

C6K, Sup720, 12.2(33)SXI3

> Tnx
> Arie