[c-nsp] ASIC to switch port mapping

Vincent Aniello vincent.aniello at pipelinefinancial.com
Fri Sep 10 17:47:00 EDT 2010

Any recommendations on a switch with larger buffers?  I would like to
stick with the 1U form factor.

Also, are you saying that the microbursts cause the switch to exceed 1Gb
port speed which causes the drops?  Cisco claims that the
WS-C3560E-24TD-E switch has a 128-Gbps wire rate non-blocking switching
fabric capacity.  I may be oversimplifying this, but to me, Cisco's
claim implies that I should be able to run every port on this switch
simultaneously at a full 1Gb in both directions.

Thanks.

--Vincent