[c-nsp] Multihoming

Heath Jones hj1980 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 10:50:20 EDT 2010

You could probably get away with a second provider if you implement NAT and
don't really need to provide services to the outside world from that
location. For example if it was an office connection and you really just
needed internet access with some redundancy.

If things are more complicated than that - for instance if you are hosting
incoming vpn connections, web services etc from that site, you really should
look into getting your own IP space when you start talking about multiple
providers, for instance if ISP1 goes down and you are providing these
services, you are pretty much screwed. As Walter suggested, you can play
with DNS a bit and move things around - but it is a very manual time
consuming process and services will be unworkable during the transition.