[c-nsp] Multihoming

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Wed Sep 15 12:34:52 EDT 2010

One last comment.  There are alot of people suggesting that you find a way
to advertise the /29 to the other ISP.  This is not possible.  The ISP that
gave it to you probably isn't willing to de-aggregate it when sending it to
the internet and the ISP that needs to accept it probably doesn't accept
blocks under a certain size to keep their routing table sizes under control.
 If you look at a route server in another AS you'll probably only see a /21
or better that contains your block.  ISP's normally advertise aggregates
only unless the customer was assigned a large block (/24 or better for most)
and requested that they do so.  Then they advertise both.