[c-nsp] auto-backup tunnels

Koltsov, Aleksey (NSN - DE/Dusseldorf) aleksey.koltsov at nsn.com
Tue Sep 28 11:08:22 EDT 2010

Hi Oliver,

I have exactly this topology:

PE     P      P     PE

R1----R2-----R3-----R4
|     |       |      |
R5----R6-----R7-----R8

And if I crash all links of R3 and R2, and then restore them, I can see
that following backup tunnels appeared (I replaced IPs with hostnames):

R1#sh mpls traffic-eng tunnels backup
R1_t8000
  LSP Head, Tunnel8000, Admin: up, Oper: up
  Src R1, Dest R2, Instance 7
  Fast Reroute Backup Provided:
    Protected i/fs: PO4/0/3
    Protected lsps: 0 Active lsps: 0
    Backup BW: any pool unlimited; inuse: 0 kbps
R1_t8001
  LSP Head, Tunnel8001, Admin: up, Oper: up
  Src R1, Dest R3, Instance 12
  Fast Reroute Backup Provided:
    Protected i/fs: PO4/0/3
    Protected lsps: 0 Active lsps: 0
    Backup BW: any pool unlimited; inuse: 0 kbps
R1_t8002
  LSP Head, Tunnel8002, Admin: up, Oper: up
  Src R1, Dest R6, Instance 1
  Fast Reroute Backup Provided:
    Protected i/fs: PO4/0/3
    Protected lsps: 2 Active lsps: 0
    Backup BW: any pool unlimited; inuse: 2000 kbps
R1_t8003
  LSP Head, Tunnel8003, Admin: up, Oper: up
  Src R1, Dest R7, Instance 1
  Fast Reroute Backup Provided:
    Protected i/fs: PO4/0/3
    Protected lsps: 0 Active lsps: 0
    Backup BW: any pool unlimited; inuse: 0 kbps
R1_t8004
  LSP Head, Tunnel8004, Admin: up, Oper: up
  Src R1, Dest R4, Instance 1
  Fast Reroute Backup Provided:
    Protected i/fs: PO4/0/3
    Protected lsps: 0 Active lsps: 0
    Backup BW: any pool unlimited; inuse: 0 kbps

All of them seems to be correct except Tunnel8003 and 8004 which point
to NNNHOP instead NHOP and NNHOP.

The routers have IOS 12.2(33)SRD3.