[c-nsp] Nexus 5K optimisation for iSCSI traffic

John Gill johgill at cisco.com
Fri Aug 5 08:56:43 EDT 2011

Matthew,
When you say a large deployment, can you describe the number of FEXes
and hosts?
Which model of FEX?
What speed are your heads, how many connections?
What speed are your hosts, how many connections?
Mostly reading, writing, random?

You can increase the buffer size available per port on the FEXes, but it
would be good to know if this kind of configuration would be beneficial
to you.  It would mean acting more in a shared manner - so any one
transfer will have access to more buffers, but there could be contention
of those buffers if every other port is also performing in the same manner.

Regards,
John Gill
cisco