[c-nsp] AIR-AP1262N-A-K9 question.

Anders Marius Jørgensen lists at anders-marius.dk
Sun Aug 7 06:54:34 EDT 2011

Dear Jonathan,

Den 07/08/2011 kl. 01.50 skrev Jonathan Call:

> My company bought one of these for a new office. I plugged in the SSID and other authentication settings from an AIR-AP1232ag that we have in another office. I did not adjust the speed or gain settings. I left those as default.  Every device I've tested with the new WAP only detects the 802.11ag radio and 54Mbps operational speed. This includes five different laptops with Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN wireless adapters. I have six (3x 2.4GHz, 3 x 5GHz) dipole antennas attached.
>
> Am I missing something? I figured it would do 802.11n right out of the box.

What kind of encryption scheme are You using ?
802.11n only supports non-encryption or WPA2/AES.
A common pitfall while migrating from legacy speeds to 802.11n, is an SSID with WEP encryption.

WMM is enabled by default (AFAIK) on the autonomous  AP, so You should be fine in that regard.

Finally You should consider enabling 40MHz band on the 5 GHz radio.

Channel <frequency> width 40-above
or
channel <frequency> width 40-below

Depending on whether the extension channel shall be below or above the control channel.

Regards,

Anders