[c-nsp] mls qos trust dscp on 7600 port-channel breaks IS-IS?

Jared Gillis jared.a.gillis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 14:28:08 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I just ran into an unusual problem when deploying some QoS onto a 7606 in my network. I was configuring all ports to trust DSCP input, and after applying the command to all the physical ports, I went to apply it to my the port-channels. Shortly after I did, IS-IS went down (timeout) on the L3 links across those port-channels. IS-IS came back when I removed the trust DSCP command. I've done some searching around and can't find any reference to this feature/bug/wtf anywhere. Does anyone have any knowledge about why this would happen?

Here's my PO config:
interface Port-channel1
 switchport
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 200
 switchport mode trunk
 mtu 9216
 load-interval 30
 service-policy input SONIC-DEFAULT-QOS

And the command I entered was "mls qos trust dscp".

Thanks

-Jared