[c-nsp] QoS VLAN Marking is not working 7600

omar parihuana omar.parihuana at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 15:47:15 EDT 2011

Hi Guys,

I have a 7600 connected to a CRS-1 via Giga Interfaces. The CRS is a "P"
router and the7600 is a "PE" router. The 7600 has two line card:
WS-X6724-SFP and WS-X6748-GE-TX. We're using the x6724 for Uplink to CRS and
the x6748 connect to internal devices via 802.1Q trunks. I've configured
policy maps applied to the vlan interface in order to set  MPLS experimental
bits per vlan. Here the relevant configuration:

mls qos
!
policy-map SET-EXP-SIG
 class class-default
 set mpls experimental imposition 6
!
!
interface GigabitEthernet1/3
description #### to CRS ####
wrr-queue bandwidth percent 60 40
wrr-queue cos-map 1 1 5
wrr-queue cos-map 2 1 0 1 4
wrr-queue cos-map 2 2 2 3
priority-queue cos-map 1 6 7
!
interface Vlan120
 ip vrf forwarding SIG
 ip address 10.11.16.2 255.255.255.192
 no ip redirects
 no ip unreachables
 service-policy input SET-EXP-SIG
end

interface GigabitEthernet1/5
 switchport
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 120,122
 switchport mode trunk
 switchport nonegotiate
 logging event link-status
 logging event trunk-status
 logging event spanning-tree status
 load-interval 30
 speed 1000
 duplex full
 mls qos vlan-based
 mls qos trust extend
 mls qos trust dscp
 no cdp enable
 spanning-tree link-type point-to-point
 spanning-tree guard root
end

Unfortunately in the CRS we've noticed that the packets sourced in the
VLAN120 hasn't EXP bits 6.

Please any suggestion in order to solve this issue will be appreciated.

PS. IOS Version: c7600s72033-advipservicesk9-mz.122-33.SRE2.bin

Rgds.

--
Omar E.P.T