[c-nsp] QinQ config sample on Cisco 7600/6500

Jon Harald Bøvre jon at bovre.no
Fri Aug 26 11:35:04 EDT 2011

Hi
To add up with complete configurations:

define a transport vlan:
vlan 1285
name qinq-transport

configure QinQ port. Increase mtu (7600 does not inherit system mtu when
configuring qinq port)
If any layer 2 transport required, configure this.
interface GigabitEthernet4/2
  description QinQ accessport
  switchport
  switchport access vlan 1285
  switchport mode dot1q-tunnel
  mtu 2200
  no cdp enable
  l2protocol-tunnel cdp
  l2protocol-tunnel stp
  l2protocol-tunnel vtp

Trunk transport vlan out of switch, and all the way to the other end of
the tunnel: (all switches in between)
interface GigabitEthernet1/20
  description trunk
  switchport