[c-nsp] Turning nat and DHCP on for one internal interface, but not another

Joseph Mays mays at win.net
Mon Aug 29 17:47:52 EDT 2011

I have a cisco 2600 set up at a customer site with 2 ethernet lan
interfaces. The wan connection is two t1's bonded with multilink ppp.

I need to run one lan for them off the primary interface that will do DHCP
and nat for computers on the local lan, and have the second lan interface
have real, network accessible IP's. Is this possible, and still have the it
be possible to log into the router via the wan interface from outside for
remote configuration? I assume it can be done, but have to admit I've never
seen it done.