[c-nsp] Cisco 5k with HP flex Fabric

Håvard Staub Nyhus hnyhus at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 08:15:37 EST 2011

> Has anyone run into issues with adding new vlans to a VPC for HP blades? I have just provisioned a new network to pump down to my HP blades but have run into issues on the HP farm.

HP Flexfabric certainly feels like a black hole in the data center
network infrastructure. Are you sure the vlan is correctly provisioned
on the HP blades? It is certainly easy enough to misconfigure the
flexfabric with regards to failover.

What kind of channel protocol are you running? LACP? what does "show
port-channel summary" say? Is everything connected properly? Try
turning on LLDP on your Nexus and verify your connections...

--
Håvard Staub Nyhus
Network Consultant