[c-nsp] Recommendation for small GBit router

Andrew Miehs andrew at 2sheds.de
Thu Dec 15 20:21:02 EST 2011

Hi Rolf,

On 16/12/2011, at 2:09 AM, Rolf Hanßen wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> just pure forwarding of a few public networks towards each other and
> internet with default route.
> No tunnels, no NAT, no DHCP, no VPN or something similar.
> Concerning "relatively cheap": Im searching for "below 3000 Euro
> absolutely". ;)

I assume then you are looking for a router with gigabit ethernet interfaces - i.e.: no STM-4, no serials, etc.

I wouldn't buy a new 7200 nowerdays - they are not that much cheaper than the ASR1001s (if at all).
You can get them from around 10K Euro.

If you want to go cheap and nasty, you could always use a PC.

Regards

Andrew