[c-nsp] Catalyst 2950 freezing

Christian Kratzer ck-lists at cksoft.de
Mon Dec 19 07:29:03 EST 2011

Hi,

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011, Henry-Nicolas Tourneur wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Switch configuration for customer ports is below.
> If you have any recommendations, they are welcome :-)
>
> Current configuration : 190 bytes
> !
> interface FastEthernet0/1
> description #customer: CUST01i_L2 [4M]
> switchport access vlan 115

you might want to add a:

   switchport mode access

as otherwise the port might automatically negotiate a trunk with the
customers switch exposing all the vlans you have on the switch. It's
also a good idea to restrict to vlans on the trunk going to the switch so
that they are not there to begin with.

Don't think this is your problem though as you show interface switchport
output has the ports operationally in access mode.

Others seem to have said this is a known issue with 2950 so I leave this
to those that have actual knowledge on the platform.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck at cksoft.de                  Wildberger Weg 24/2