[c-nsp] Protecting Wireless Network from Jammers

Christopher J. Wargaski wargo1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 01:00:58 EST 2011

Hey Felix--

    I work in the 802.11 wireless arena and am also an amateur radio
operator. Aside from finding the offending station, there is really nothing
that can be done to prevent RF signal jamming.

   In the ham radio world, we practice finding the source of offending
transmissions by having "fox hunt" events. The technology we use is pretty
much limited to directional antennae and signal strength meters.