[c-nsp] Router/switch recommendations for colocation

Bill Blackford BBlackford at nwresd.k12.or.us
Fri Jan 28 10:57:31 EST 2011

> I have no idea what you did wrong with your 7301; I managed a bit more than
350 kpps - with small packets of course.

Wow. I certainly don't claim to know everything. I should re-state this. I saw 60-100kpps on each interface and yes small packets so I guess we're talking about the same kind of numbers. My apologies for not making this clear.

> If you need no features, or only a few, try one of the switches
(3560/3750)
I believe the OP talked about a full table, but I might be wrong. I've used LAN switches in this role as well but only taking in default. And if he needs no features, then the ones reportedly not properly implemented in the ASRs don't really matter.

I tend to purchase based on what I think I'll need in 5 years then I add 25%. That said, I would never recommend a router to someone that will only meet their current needs.

-b