[c-nsp] active/standy failover

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Fri Jan 28 15:55:46 EST 2011

On 1/28/2011 3:40 PM, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> you need two ports, one to signal failover, and the other to transmit the firewall state.

You can run ASA LAN failover over one (or configure them separately).  I remember
reading (or think I did) somewhere that it was preferable to run this failover link
through a switch as opposed to a crossover cable, but I can't cite a reference.

Old PIX used to have this serial-cable heartbeat and LAN-connection-state combination.

We're running ASAs active/active over a common failover link.

Jeff