[c-nsp] Design question for 7206VXR Port Adapters

Nick Voth nvoth at estreet.com
Sun Jan 30 12:55:12 EST 2011

Guys,

I'm trying to figure out how to provide native ATM encapsulation via
individual T1's that aggregate on my end on a channelized DS3 on a 7206VXR.
The far end locations are multiple Adtran DSLAMs that only supports native
ATM encapsulation on their T1/IMA interfaces.

I have done this before on the PA-A3-T3 or PA-A3-OC3SMI. In that case, I
just bring the individual T1 circuits in from the Telco via another VCI on
that larger interface.

For this current application, I will be getting a channelized DS3, (not
ATM), from my telco, (XO Communications), and then the individual DS1's will
all have different end point locations. Those DS1s will need to pass native
ATM end to end instead of PPP.

There's also no way to bring the circuits to me as individual T1's for use
on an 8 port ATM card. They have to come in on a DS3 because of our telco
facilities.

I currently use the PA-MC-T3 for all of our serial T1's, but that card
doesn't support native ATM encapsulation apparently.

Is there a port adapter that can do that or do I need to be looking at a
different ATM switch on my end?

Thanks for any help.

-Nick Voth