[c-nsp] sup2T software & release notes have hit

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Mon Jul 11 17:52:29 EDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 23:19 +0200, Simon Leinen wrote:
> Thanks for the heads-up! There's some more technical information about
> the Supervisor 2T in the White Papers section:
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/switches/ps708/prod_white_papers_list.html

Yeah...:

"
  The Supervisor 2T provides backward compatibility with the existing
  WS-X6700 Series Linecards (with the exception of the WS-X6708-10G,
  which will be replaced by the new WS-X6908-10G, discussed later), as
  well as select WS-X6100 Series Linecards only.

  Note: Due to compatibility issues, the WS-X6708-10GE-3C/3CXL cannot be
  inserted in a Supervisor 2T system, and must be upgraded to the new
  WS-X6908-10GE-2T/2TXL.
"

The 6708 card isn't mentioned elsewhere on the page. Specifically not in
"Table 6. DFC4 Field Upgradable Linecard". Anybody know what that means?
Do we have to buy new 6908 cards instead? Or will there be a field
upgrade?

--
Peter