[c-nsp] Routing based on traffic type question

Scott Granados scott at granados-llc.net
Wed Jul 13 10:53:25 EDT 2011

Hi,

This is a new one for me and wanted to get some pointers / possible config examples.

We have a branch office that is presently being fed back to a pop via single T1 which is about as vanilla as can be expected.  It’s a simple connected /30 with a few /29 blocks routed for the inside interfaces.  On my end is a Cisco 7206VXR with a channelized DS3 which receives the circuit and I have full access to this device to make changes as needed.
    The branch office is being upgraded to a wireless connection which will attach to a different segment on the same router and we will be migrating their routed blocks to the new connection as you’d expect using entirely static routing.
    The issue is we’d like to leave the T1 in place and simply use that for VOIP traffic while leaving the rest of the traffic to traverse the wireless link.

How would I split the two effectively?  I have definite destinations for all their VOIP traffic which are also on my network so there are specific soft switches that the branch uses.  Is this a case for policy based routing?  Does anyone have anything like this in place that they could provide some snippets to give me a starting point.  Any pointers would be appreciated.  Is this even possible?

Thank you

Scott