[c-nsp] etherchannel load-balancing and unpredictability

David Prall dcp at dcptech.com
Wed Jul 20 09:26:21 EDT 2011

Typically the first port on one will return via the first port on the other.
The hash is based on src and dst, so they hash to the same link. Test
etherchannel will show you what the actual hash is for a given source and
destination, run it for some randomly chosen traffic. If you are only
looking for redundancy, and don't want spanning-tree, you can run LACP with
max-bundle configured. Then you will only use 1 of the interfaces in the
port-channel even though you have 2.

David

--
http://dcp.dcptech.com