[c-nsp] ASA 8.3/8.4 management issues...

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Tue Jul 26 10:44:19 EDT 2011

I have some remote sites running off of ASA 5505s, and an existing VPN cluster running
8.4(2).

For consistency's sake, I was trying to update the 5505s to 8.4(2) -- had one on 7.2 and
one on 8.1.

Everything "appears" to be working on them except management sessions (ssh or https or
ASDM), they simply timeout.

They are setup with "management-acc inside".

When I attempt to connect to the inside IP address (through the site-to-site tunnel) I
can see the connection established... but then nothing else.

When I attempt to ping the inside IP address (icmp permitted on both inside/outside
interfaces) I can see the ICMP connection established... but then nothing else.

>From a host "inside" the 5505, I can ping the "campus" address (over the tunnel)
attempting the connections, but not vice-versa.

Ring any bells?

Jeff