[c-nsp] cat6500/fwsm performance

David Paul Zimmerman David.Zimmerman at flysfo.com
Mon Jun 6 12:38:45 EDT 2011

Another thing to keep in mind is that IP multicast is particularly bad on
the FWSM, because multiple VLANs receiving a single stream will duplicate
the multiple copies of identical traffic down the same EtherChannel member
-- along with any other unicast or multicast traffic that happens to have
the same EtherChannel hash.  Something to watch for normal traffic, and
definitely something to be concerned about if you have a multicast flood
(particularly the innocent unicast victims).

	dp