[c-nsp] Dot11Radio0 ipv6 command

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Jun 20 17:30:24 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 03:04:33PM -0400, Jared Mauch wrote:
> so not sure on the Cisco 871, etc.. but I have an Aironet 1121 that works just fine with IPv6 on my local lan.

Well, the Aironet is "just a bridge"...

> Not sure how the 871 treats unknown ethertypes, but it should just bridge them normally for anything in the same broadcast domain.

... while the 871 should also be the *router* for that WLAN/LAN bridge
domain (or WLAN routed domain).

Which, as far as I have seen so far, the Cisco Small Wireless Routers BU
has no interest to provide IPv6 for.  I have an 1841 with the AP WIC here,
which doesn't do IPv6 either - it can nicely bridge it back and forth,
but it can't be the router for an IPv6 bridge, and it cannot setup a
routed dot11radio either.

I'm using TP-Link routers with OpenWRT instead.  More bang, much less buck,
and no license crap to get DHCPv6-PD client functionality...

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de