[c-nsp] Nexus 7018 spanning tree and unicast flooding

Quinn Snyder snyderq at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 14:28:40 EDT 2011

prashanth --

i see that you have all ports as 'network' ports. i assume this is
done by invoking

spanning-trew port type network

under the interface configuration stanza or so. in n7k land, this
invokes a feature called 'bridge-assurance' and it must be explicitly
enabled on the other end. it is a feature that can only be enabled
globally on n7k and is enabled by default if you run any vpc services
on n7k.

that being said -- your issue may be caused by this configuration
statement. bridge-assurance is only supported on certain versions of
c6k, so i'd say that you have to change this. [0]

please set all ports that dont have bridge-assurance on both ends to
the following

spanning-tree port type normal

and see if this solves your problem.

regards,
q.

[0] https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2000819

-= sent via ipad. please excuse brevity, spelling, and grammar =-