[c-nsp] port channel load balancing best practices?

Christian MacNevin cmacnevin at linkedin.com
Mon Mar 7 19:58:01 EST 2011

HI

So I'm seeing some weird problems with a video conf product and it definitely seems to be down to network location.

Part of what I'm looking at is that we're port channeling between a 65 and a 4900. The 65 is configured to use:

port-channel per-module load-balance
port-channel load-balance src-dst-mixed-ip-port

Is that more or less considered best practice these days? Obviously there's a mix of UDP latency sensitive stuff and TCP on the line.

Cheers
Christian.