[c-nsp] Nexus equipment in corporate networks

quinn snyder snyderq at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 14:45:40 EST 2011

been using n7k deployed with vdc to have a physical collapsed core in a
logical two-tier (distribution, core) model.  we've used this to keep
used features to a minimum within each context (i.e. i'm not going to
run vpc within my core context).

also deployed vdc to create isolation between production and test/dev
server environments.

my pitch/reasoning is anytime you want consolidation of airgapped
chassis into a single device -- you can use vdc.

q.