[c-nsp] Different snmp statistics on physical interface and subinterface

Anrey Teslenko teslenko.andrey at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 12:01:43 EDT 2011

Hello,

WE are  observing problem with snmp statistic which get from SRE2 IOS.

The Snmp values : ifHCInOctets / ifHCOutOctets.

We have physical  interface and one logical subinterface on it.
The snmp statistic is different for the same interface.
If we watch snmp statistic on physical interface then we see 800Mbps
throughput.
If we watch snmp statistic on subinterface we get 600Mbps throughput.

The  command "show interface"  is showing 800Mps

I  read the documentation and found that snmp counter for physical interface
is processed by hardware, but   for sub-interface is processed by software.

However we didn't observe this problem earlier, and such a big difference in
the exponent...

I think this is a bug. I  found nothing on the bug navigator. Can anybody
help me?

Thank you for advise.