[c-nsp] traceroute

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Tue Mar 22 17:06:08 EDT 2011

On 22/03/2011 20:32, madunix at gmail.com wrote:
> lately I have some delay to reach my web server (x.x.x.x) hosted by a
> hosting company,  based on the trace route  and the ping delay ~500ms
> instead of 15ms, you can see that the  delay happen between the
> routes/hubs. check out http://pastebin.com/MSSceX6Q
> Daily update procedure to upload DB records from the local to the
> remote web server, went from 3min to 78min. I appreciate your support
> to troubleshoot the delay, and what are possible reasons for network
> latency between the internet routes.

Looks like connectivity from Jordan Telecom Group (Orange) to NEU Telecom
is going via Frankfurt and London, and then possibly through the USA,
depending on where the host 63.218.54.98 is located.  From where I'm
sitting, the latency to 63.218.54.98 makes it look like it's located in the US.

Jordan clearly needs an Internet Exchange.

Nick