[c-nsp] Fabricpath on Nexus

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists lists at hojmark.org
Tue Mar 29 03:39:09 EDT 2011

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 13:09:56 -0700, you wrote:

>> If it really is only two boxes, FabricPath provides *no* benefits,

> For one thing you could provide up to 256 10G links between two
> boxes, something you could not do with STP.

OK, 256 x 10G is cool and much more than you can do with link
aggregation. But for *two* boxes?

>> only more complexity...

> FP config is certainly no more complex than STP. What makes you think
> it's complex? Have you ever configured it?

I didn't say it was complex to configure. But I'm sure you'll agree
that the technology is more complex than an aggregated link? I was
just saying if you only have two boxes (what the OP said), use link
aggregation and be done with it.

-A