[c-nsp] SXJ - The good, the bad, the ugly?

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Tue May 3 13:06:02 EDT 2011

On 03/05/2011 17:32, Seth Mattinen wrote:
> Does this mean they gave up on modular classic IOS?

Looks like it.

I remember my cisco account manager in 1998 promising me modular IOS by
12.0 at the latest, as - nodded sagely during the meeting - we agreed that
things had just become unsustainable in IOS at that stage, what with all
the ridiculous code trains for and variations all over the place.  The
irony of it all.

Anyway, I'm not particularly that this particular incantation of modular
IOS is being knifed.  The modularity was too limited in scope to be of any
real use.  Maybe things will be better with XE.

Nick