[c-nsp] IRB and 802.1q subinterfaces - How to set COS?

Herro91 herro91 at gmail.com
Wed May 4 21:33:37 EDT 2011

Hi,

A few ideas - don't know if they will work for you:

1) Have you considered or verified if local switching is available on this
router/IOS? This would allow you to "connect" the two interfaces together -
essentially bridging them, though I believe there is no mac learning with
local switching, so it would just forward the packets, not learn destination
macs.

2) Regarding the QoS - I've seen some cases where you need to put the
policy-map on the main interface. This was on a GSR and a particular
linecard - but may be worth a try. It could just be it won't work properly
with the way your doing bridging.

3) Have you done any debugs?