[c-nsp] Catalyst TCAM Question

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Thu May 5 11:10:12 EDT 2011

They should be software switched.  If you're moving much traffic through
the box, that's not good.  You might want to filter the BGP feeds so
you're carrying less than the max supported number of routes...though even
if you filtered on RIR minimums, I'm not sure you'd still be able to fit
the resulting number of routes into your 196k limit.  I know you could
several years ago (i.e. 2007), but the global table was >100k routes
smaller then.