[c-nsp] Cisco Router Traffic Thresholds

Pete Lumbis alumbis at gmail.com
Sat May 21 10:06:40 EDT 2011

These numbers are going to be highly variable on the ASR and 3900.
Since both of these are software based platforms (the ASR is a little
different than traditional software platforms) it depends on what
features are enabled and the packet profile. Most devices are made to
move packets, so there is always a trade off between pps and mbps.

There should be general performance numbers (best case, so probably no
features enabled) on the data sheets for the products.

-Pete